Facility Maintenance Technician Part Time Opportunity
Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester Council of Governments’ is seeking candidates interested in a consistent work schedule and the opportunity to work outside. A clean driving record and valid South Carolina driver’s license is required to be considered for the position.
Are you interested in this type of work?
- Perform maintenance, removes trash, debris and cleans area around bus shelter area as needed.
- Ability to operate weed-eater for grass removal around bus shelters and stops.
- Installs repairs and removes signage along bus routes.
- Assist with preventative and routine maintenance at the CARTA Super Stop located at Rivers Ave & Cosgrove Ave. in North Charleston.
- Cleans public restrooms.
- Maintain friendly disposition while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have the ability to do the following with or without accommodation:
- Must be able to work independently with direct supervision mainly outdoors.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Must be interested in working rotating weekends.
- High school diploma or GED required. Also, must have a valid South Carolina driver’s license and a clean driving record. General knowledge of Berkeley Charleston Dorchester Counties.
Applications are now being accepted at our Main Office or you can email/fax resume to:
BCD Council of Governments
Attention: Tara Heyward
5790 Casper Padgett Way
North Charleston, SC 29406
Fax resume to: