General Statement of Job
Under general supervision of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, the Facility Maintenance
Technician provides maintenance and repair to all facilities including bus shelters, super stops,
park-n-ride lots and office buildings for COG, RTMA and CARTA.
- Essential Functions: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed.
The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Assists in troubleshooting minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural,
plumbing and equipment repair or replacement.
- Assists in preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and
replaces broken windows/Plexiglas.
- Assists in routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water
leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Assists in routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and
assists in repairing light fixtures.
- Follows established procedure to purchase supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to
- Assembles and moves furniture, hang pictures and bulletin boards, moves and sets up tables
- Repairs and replaces door knobs and locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- Assists with preventative and routine maintenance on bus shelters. Removes trash and debris
around the bus shelter area as needed. Clean bus shelters as needed. Maintain maintenance
log for each shelter.
- Installs, repairs and removes signage along bus routes.
- Provides follow up to facility emergencies within 24 hours.
- Coordinates and assists with employee moves, as needed.
- Maintains records of work performed.
- Additional Duties:
- Performs other duties as required by the Executive Director.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, 7 days per week.
High school diploma or GED required. One year building maintenance experience preferred.
General knowledge of Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties.
To apply for this job email your details to RobinM@bcdcog.com