The Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester Council of Governments located in North Charleston, SC is seeking a staff accountant with emphasis in payroll and benefits.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the staff accountant will follow
established procedures for payroll processing in Paylocity to include collecting and
verifying timesheets, submitting payroll, update and maintain all payroll and
- Records and post payroll related transactions in accounting software. Prepare
monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations.
- File and maintain payroll reports.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field; or a high school diploma and five years’
experience in a related field. Payroll experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Excel
and online reporting is preferred.
Comprehensive benefit package includes State health plan, participation in the South
Carolina Retirement System, paid vacation, sick days, and holidays, optional 401(k) and
supplemental insurance benefits available.
Resumes should be emailed to:
Robin Mitchum – Deputy Director of Finance and Administration at email@example.com by September 14, 2020.
DUE TO COVID 19, REMOTE INTERVIEWS MAY BE CONDUCTED.