General Statement of Job
Under the supervision of the Principal Transit Planner, the position serves as the Vanpool Coordinator for the BCD Region. As the Vanpool Coordinator, this individual is responsible for coordinating activities related to the administration and daily operations of the vanpool fleet, rideshare and Community Van services and rideshare services; coordinates and supports vanpool participants by developing and providing program information, giving presentations, and planning/implementing promotional documents and/or events.
Essential Functions: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Coordinates the placement of vans with commuter groups, ensures efficient use of vanpool fleet. Administers vanpool group formations, operations, maintenance, fraud prevention and related risk management issues. Develops periodic safety publications.
- Recruits vanpool volunteer coordinators, drivers and bookkeepers. Screens, processes and approves/disapproves all volunteer applications. Oversees, verifies, monitors, evaluates and reports on vanpool volunteer coordinator, driver and bookkeeper compliance with BCDCOG vanpool program requirements. Provides information on use and qualifying criteria for program participants; verifies rideshare information with employers, insurance agencies, licensing agencies and other pertinent sources.
- Under direction and within the guidelines of the program policies, determines vanpool fares and provides training, technical assistance and support to vanpool groups. Monitors monthly vanpool fares and program compliance based on ridership and daily roundtrip mileage. Processes and reconciles monthly vanpool and cash flow reports; coordinates monthly billings with finance. Monitors fleet performance and program budget requirements. Releases vans to approved groups and maintains administrative files on drivers and vanpool riders. Track drivers with conditional eligibility.
- Prepares and analyzes statistics to assist management in ensuring customers receive safe, reliable, and courteous service. Provides assistance with conflict resolution, emergency response procedures, adverse weather plans, and liability insurance claims. Maintains administrative policies and develops program procedures; assists in developing budget and evaluation procedures; assures program compliance with the ADA.
- Develops and provides training programs for vanpool volunteer drivers, bookkeepers and coordinators; instructs volunteers on proper procedures, policies and operations. Provides evaluation of performance during training. Recommends suggestions on performance and administers corrective action when necessary.
- Conducts community outreach events, campaigns, and presentations to area employers, employees, and other organizations to promote vanpool and rideshare services. Establishes networking contacts with community members, businesses, and organizations to develop transportation strategies.
- Serves as the BCDCOG administrator for the regional rideshare program. Coordinates rideshare options for commuters and employers, manages confidential customer account data and utilizes rideshare program as a tool for support and retention of vanpool program. Update the BCDCOG website with vanpool changes.
Performs other duties as required by the Principal Transit Planner, Deputy Director of Operations and Support, Executive Director or designee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in community or transportation planning, public administration, communications, marketing, or a related field, plus a minimum of one year of experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, organizational boards, and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and foster genuine interest in assisting the public of the BCD region with their transportation needs with excellent follow up skills in order to build relationships.
- Ability to establish and maintain priorities in order to complete assignments by deadlines with minimum supervision.
Valid Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one.
*Salaries are commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes group health plan, retirement benefits, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, optional 401(k) and supplemental insurance benefits available.
Qualified applicants please send your resume:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BCD Council of Governments
Attention: Cynthia Johnson
5790 Casper Padgett Way
North Charleston, SC 29406
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com